Saturday, May 30, 2009

Into the Wild

Well, I finally got the time (though I should have been cleaning the house) to watch Into The Wild last night.

Didn't like it. The book is about 4000 times better (which is very typical, I know). My problem is that the movie glorifies this guy's stupidity where the book is a bit more straightforward and doesn't put emotion to his story. There is SO much more that the movie doesn't explain -- like the fact that his refusal to take a map cost him his life. There was a ranger crossing (of the river) only 1/2 mile away -- clearly marked on local maps.

Plus, it creeped me out. So, if you have seen the movie but not read the book -- I encourage you to read it! It is only around 100 pages. Analee... I'm talking to you.

1 comment:

Analee said...

the dude definitely wasn't the smartest bulb. he hitchhiked across the US for goodness sake.

i'll have to suggest that the next time no one else has no suggestions for book club (or when it is my turn). seems that lately i've been doing all the picking anyway, and even if i have to wait for my turn, that is just 2 months away!