Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday night Thanks

Wasn't a very good day. Cold front coming through made my head ache and my temper pretty short. AND the kids didn't help, but that's okay. They all went to bed early so that we can start tomorrow fresh and happy together again. So... here are the happy points
1- Faith's soccer game was cancelled this morning because of some storms going through the area. This let me be at Josh's last Smart Start Soccer practice. I didn't know they were going to get trophies and certificates. I would have been devastated if I had missed that!

This is not his coach, but this is the guy who usually ended up doing the coaching. His coach didn't show up today :-(



2- I went into Movie Gallery tonight to rent a movie and ended up buying four. They had a buy two get two free on previewed movies. Since we ALWAYS turn our movies in late, $7.50 is what we usually end up paying for four days so I thought 'what the heck'. I bought Meet the Robinsons (one of Josh's favorites), Bedtime Stories (we rented this movie last... very cute), The Tale of Desperaux (we haven't seen this one) and Twilight (haven't seen this one either, but I knew it would be my guilty pleasure).


3- Got the kids showered and to bed about 45 minutes before normal. That meant I could watch Twilight all by myself :-) PS -- Robert Pattinson is hot -- even if he is younger than Katelyn :-) AND he played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire



4- Storms brought in some not so muggy weather. It meant a yucky morning, but the afternoon was awesome! Nice breeze and the temp dropped to the mid-60s.

5- Found my calendar/planner today. I hadn't been able to find it for about a week and was LOST without it!



**Look at that face! Go ahead, click on the picture so you can see it close up. I was looking through the pictures once I got home and I said "Josh look at your face. You look so sad" and he said (get ready -- this will get you) "yeah... I was missing daddy right then"**

4 comments:

Dena said...

I am sitting here just sobbing. Out of the mouth of a child.....he is so beautiful, even sad! Thank you for those pictures and his words.

Rob said...

His Daddy misses him.

Emily Davis said...

It is too early this morning for me to be crying at work! That picture and his words, then your mom's and Rob's comments hit me right in the emotional gut. What a face....

Analee said...

i was doing fine until i read rob's comment. :(