Sunday, May 3, 2009

Clarification and Bubbaism

The home phone issue... it isn't that I am going to need it so I can to talk with Rob. He will ALWAYS call my cell phone, just in case I am not home. I need something to talk with the spouses through the deployment. There are times when I talk for over an hour with some people. It is only a week into the deployment and we already are hungry for adult conversation :-) I wish that I could look forward to long conversations with Rob. I am happy to get the 3-5 minutes that I do get! And all that will change when they leave their current location! There is no telling how long we will go between phone calls -- ugh -- I don't want to think about that now :-)
I think I may just change from my T-mobile to AT&T when our contract runs up in September. AT&T has an unlimited calls, texts, etc for only $99.99 a month. What about the MagicJack... anybody use that?



Bubbaism --


Tonight, I told Josh that he couldn't have a cup of water in the living room.

Me: Josh, come back. You can have your water in the kitchen or the dining room.

Josh: Oh. Here (hands the cup to me, standing in the kitchen. I turn to walk further into the kitchen and he says) Where are you putting it? In the diamond room?


He thought I said diamond room, not dining room :-) Tonight when he was going to bed, he wanted to take a cup of water to his room. I took it back out as I left his room and told him it would be in the diamond room when he needed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vonage - no computer needed, you can have a number that is local to other folks that regularly call you (e.g. 919), a little more pricey than Skype/MagicJack. Skype has phones you can buy that don't need a computer. Skype is free to call other Skype users and you can try it really cheaply if you have a headset and a friend willing to try it.

All of these need decent Internet.

You can't call 911 if you have no Internet (Vonage).

Calling cards may still be a good option.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/30/technology/personaltech/30basics.html?scp=1&sq=magicjack&st=cse