Friday, May 8, 2009

Our Poultry dinner

So, my friend Rebecca gave me a great recipe for an Italian salad. We love it in our house. It has chick peas, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomoatoes, cauliflower, green beans and green olives marinated in Italian dressing. Delicious. Well, I made it the other night -- along with some couscous for me. I didn't think the kids would like the couscous, so they had something different.

When we were in Disney, we ate at one of the character lunches. It was a buffet (which I am normally NOT a fan of) and I ate my fill of one of their dishes -- a couscous salad. It was served at room temperature and had tomatoes, cucumber, and Italian herbs in the couscous. Delicious.

Back to our house -- I decided I wanted to try putting my two things together. I put some of the Italian salad in my couscous. Delicious.

I never thought the kids would want some, but they did! Josh couldn't get enough. This is how our conversation went:

Josh: Mama, can I have some more?

Me: Sure. What do you want?

Josh: Some of that {{Pointing}}

Me: What is it?

Josh: Mama {showing frustrations}-- I want some chicken peas. Some chicken peas and some goose goose.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Delicious salad! I don't know about mixing it with goosegoose though. That is so funny...chicken peas and goosegoose.