Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday night thanks

Well, I skipped last night's thanks due to a toothache/headache/sinus ache/general didn't feel good kind of night. So, I may have more than five tonight -- forgive me :-)



1- Went to church again yesterday and liked it even better than I did the first week. The regular pastor had been at his son's graduation in Oklahoma last week so there was a stand in. This week, though... this guy was awesome! And he preached one of those sermons that hit you pretty hard -- like he was talking directly TO me, ABOUT me. I will probably blog about the sermon later -- I did that during the first deployment, so that Rob could participate in our church life back here.


2- Cool weather is nice

3- Woke up this morning with 3 of my 4 kids in the room with me. Josh was the only one to stay in his bed all night :-) Though this isn't always something I am thankful for, it is nice that they just come find a spot instead of waking me!

4- Girls got on the bus with very little fussing this morning. There really is something to be said about having them very close to bed by 8pm.

5- Tried out a new gym this morning -- for free :-) It was quite nice and offers free childcare on site which will be AWESOME for the summer! Haven't joined yet, but it may be something to consider. I am going again tomorrow -- and am taking the boys to make sure they like going too!


6- Because of my toothache, I called a dentist. I am SO scared of the dentist. I have an appointment on Wednesday morning. While I was on the phone, the lady said that she could hear my kids and asked if I wanted them to be seen too. I said sure and she said to bring them in this afternoon -- and they loved it! Had a blast! No cavities :-) and they got stickers. Let's hope that I do half as well on Wednesday...


7- Had a nice walk this afternoon

8- Cut Josh's hair this evening. He hadn't had a hair cut since the weekend before Rob left (so 4 weeks...). He really needed it!

9- There is a beautiful sunset outside right now. Blues and pinks and oranges all across the Western sky. Beautiful

10- We got a new digital thermostat today. Now I can tell exactly the temp inside. Plus it does this schedule thing where it will change the temp at any time -- so I have it scheduled to get cooler at night. I really love sleeping under covers ;-)

11- I am SO not a fan of Hamburger Helper, but tonight I made the Cheesy Enchilada and the kids ate every bit! Now I know what I can do in a time crunch!

12- When life gives your browning bananas... make banana bread! Josh and I made mini-loaves tonight. Yummo! Plus we have breakfast ready for us in the morning :-)




Miles to date... 17.5
Miles to go... approx 800 :-p

2 comments:

Doc said...

You can cut my hair when you are in NC!

Analee said...

where are you running to?