Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

Well, I can't really believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone. Ours was good. At least Rob got home in time. I picked him up at 2am Thursday morning -- I hadn't been to sleep, and got as much day-before prep done as I could. The turkey cooked WAY faster than I anticipated, so instead of eating at 4-5, we ate around 1. Thank goodness for the day-before prep! I only had to rush to get the two casseroles done.

I was very glad to have mom, dad and Katelyn here for Thanksgiving. Kate will be gone for Christmas -- her year to go to CA with Mark -- so this turned into our Christmas visit with her too. Though I didn't have her present yet.

Speaking of presents... I have NO idea what to get anybody. Any ideas?!?

To continue my random ramblings... Sam is sick. Don't really know what is wrong with him, but he is GRUMPY! He won't sleep over about 30 minutes at a time and just wants to be held. Held... by me. Only me. Nobody else. Do you know how hard that is?

Anyway... here are some pictures :-)


The girls wore the stockings to decorate the tree...


G-mama putting up ornaments



Blurry, but you can see that Faith just realized that Ma'maw, Granddaddy and
Katelyn are going to leave



Josh likes Sam's swing too


Sam's new girlfriend... the glowworm. He makes out with her :-)

4 comments:

Analee said...

makes out with a glowworm. cute. kendal makes out with monk monk.

even funnier.. i'm laughing at your blog, and kendal is laughing too (guess he can read it from across the room).

sam doesn't feel well? such is winter, i suppose... kendal woke this morning with both eyes sealed shut. he just got off his second round of antibiotics in a month... and he already has green buggers again. maybe daycare isn't such a good idea in the wintertime...

did mom give you a green and/or a brown frog that has a drumstick that you rub across its back and it sounds like a frog calling at night? well that is the ONLY thing that will work for K when he is not feeling well and is grumpy (whiney, crying, etc.) i'm pretty sure she got you a set (though i'm not sure if she gave them to you). if she did, find them and try it with him! kendal likes to hold the stick - he liked to hold it when he was 3 months old, and now he likes to hold both the stick and the frog. hope he feels better soon.

EngineerHousehold6 said...

Poor Sam. I hope he gets better soon! Could he be teething? Gabriel got his first tooth around 4 months. Victoria is just now getting over the funk that Gabriel brought home from school.

I'm with you on the presents part too! It's hard knowing what someone wants/needs when you don't live close.

Analee said...

i missed the whole presents comment...
lol. i've made my list and i'm almost done with the "store bought" part of it. the rest is to be created on my craft table or online... :)

you know who IS hard to buy for? men. all men. sometimes a shirt just doesn't seem adequate... and after 3 years of shirts, i need some new ideas! :)

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

haha i hear ana with the present comment. it's so hard to buy for mark and dad, nathaniel and rob too! i ended up getting mark exactly what he asked for, 1986 tv series of Transformers plus tv series of GI JOE. i think he'll like it.

i've got no ideas of what you can get for me. a job would be nice, but i don't think you could pull one of those out of your butt! i certainly can't!