Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Post #2 of the day... Sense Memories

I was magically transported on Saturday to 13 years ago. The kids and I piled into the van early Saturday morning and headed down to Elizabethtown to get diapers for Samboni. We left Target and went over to Kohl's (because Grace is growing TOO fast and has no longsleeve shirts). We went in and there must have been a sale going on (early bird type stuff) and so I abandoned the hunt for longsleeves because of the insane lines - with only one register open which is a whole other blog topic.

We head out into the parking lot to get back in the van and then it happened. One little sound and I was transported back. The sound resonating in the air was -- drums. Drums? Yep, drums. Specifically, a marching band's drum line warm up activities. Apparently North Hardin High hosted a band competition this past weekend. The drumline warm ups were one of my favorite sounds on competition days. Sense memory.

*On a funny note, when looking for a sound/movie for this post, the one that I found was from a high school band competition from Waynesville, Missouri!

2 comments:

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

oh anything with a quad in it is great. half of my work out playlist is drum line warm-ups.

your kids would have loved to go to that competition! can't you see faith shaking her butt?

i went to one with in the last year at wakefield. mom and i drove by and saw the signs and heard them warming up so i came back that night to listen. it was great!

Analee said...

i used to love walking home from class when the ECU band was practicing. i could hear them the whole way home... and i always kept in step.

i can see why it would make a good work out song, kate!