Sunday, November 9, 2008

Movies

Post #2 of the day...

There are so many movies I want to see right now. Most are kids' movies, but that is kind of my life right now. Madagascar 2, HSM3, Bolt... I think I am missing one.
On a grown up note, I really want to see The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. It is not showing anywhere near here, of course. Now that I know it is a book, though... I'd like to read it before I see it anyway, so looks like I will have time before it goes to DVD. I'd also like to see The Secret Life of Bees. I didn't read this one until last week, so I looked at who was cast in the roles and the casting people did a great job. I did like the book for that one.



So, as I sit at home not going to the movies, I have watched a few movies this week. A good friend of ours let us borrow Tinkerbell. Cute. The girls really liked it and Bubba laughed out loud at a few parts. It wasn't too long so it kept their attention most of the time. It didn't keep my attention all of the time, but I had popcorn to make :-) It had a good lesson of learning to like who you are.


I also watched The Holiday on Encore. I liked it... it was WAY predictable but it had Jude Law in it (looking SO very good) and that can make up for the fluffy story line. Who wouldn't like to look at him for an hour and a half movie ;-)


I also watched Stranger than Fiction with Will Ferrell. Unlike my dear hubby, I am not a fan of the typical Will Ferrell stupid silly movies (Talladega Nights, Old School, etc). This movie, though, I liked. Really showed that he is a good actor, not just a comedian (not that there is anything wrong with being a comedian).




Anybody out there watch anything good lately?



1 comment:

Analee said...

boy do i love jude law. mom and kate and i were going to see the bees movie, but we haven't been yet.

i like that first movie you wrote about... well the idea of it. i may see if i can find the book too.

well, kendal has pooped. guess i need to change that diaper... speaking of, the word verification this time is poopoin. not really poo-pooing, but close enough to be funny.