Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Graceism



Yesterday morning, Grace woke up and RAN into my room yelling that we had all overslept. I knew that we hadn't, since I was up feeding Sam and watching the Weather Channel. I tried to explain that she was mistaken but she wanted nothing to do with my explanation. She said we MUST have overslept because "why does it look like that outside?"

Look like what?

It was light out. Last week, when it was time to get on the bus, it was still dark. I didn't talk to the kids about Daylight Savings Time, I just changed the clocks. Honestly, I don't know what to say about it. She was SO confused as to why I changed time. I started to tell her about the whole history (or what i know of it), but decided that it may be a little over her.

2 comments:

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

i'm 22 and still confused about daylight savings. i like it because it's dark early so i go to bed earlier and wake up earlier and in the light.

that's funny she freaked out about it though!

Analee said...

it is throwing me off too. can i go to bed yet? it is dark outside. at 5:15. i'm sleepy.

the good thing about it is that i don't feel like i need to lay in the bed until 7:30 when it gets light! i like rising early!