Thursday, December 4, 2008

Faithism



Scene -- Last night the whole family went to Brandenburg to a Hail and Farewell. It was in a sort of old school type diner joint. Pretty neat. Had some retro stuff on the wall. The room that we sat in had records on the wall and ceiling -- old 45s and the big ones too (though I had to look those up because I can't remember what they are called -- 33-1/3s?). Well there was a clock made out of the big one... Faith was sitting on our friend Gina's lap during this interaction --


Faith - Look at that clock made out of a big CD

Gina - It isn't a CD, it is a record.

Gina then tried to explain that you put it on a record player and put the needle down and it would play music.



Faith - OH... I know what you are talking about.
Gina - You do? Good!

Faith - Yeah, I saw one on the Flintstones.




Hmmm... how old am I?!?

3 comments:

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

HAHAHAHAH at least she has a memory! that makes me feel old!

Analee said...

i wish i had an old record player to show her... remember the brown fisher price one we had? and that disney album and we'd run around in the basement chasing each other to grab butts? (chasing tails i guess!?!) it was a goofy song i think.

EngineerHousehold6 said...

:) Cute. Well, when we get back to Knox, I'll be getting my grandmother's old console record player (which plays 8 tracks as well LOL) and you're more than welcome to come over and let her see it.