Thursday, October 23, 2008

Voting

So, I've filled out my absentee ballot and it should be on the way tomorrow. How come I don't feel like it is going to do much?

This election, more than any other that I have ever voted in, I am blah about. I am tired of badmouthing and making it about something other than politics. This is politics. The down and dirty of it. And it sucks. This isn't the way it should be. Oh well... maybe someday it really will be about what we believe and not about parties or race or gender. The right person, with the policy that reflects the people. Wouldn't that be nice?

I am reminded of two quotes

The first is by Robert Byrne:
Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

The second is by Richard Armour:
Politics, it seems to me, for years, or all too long, has been concerned with right or left instead of right or wrong.

How unfortunate.

2 comments:

EngineerHousehold6 said...

I am so with you on this! It's gotten to the point in this election where I agree with the Robert Byrne's quote. It's pretty sad!

I sent ours off sometime last week because I wanted to make sure I got them out before I had the baby and forgot. LOL

Analee said...

i plan to vote tomorrow. i'm voting for my least disliked candidate. really, either will do. we're in a fix (our country) and no matter which one gets the job, they are going to have a tough time shaking it from their historical reputation.