Friday, October 17, 2008

Faithism


Yesterday, Faith was telling us about her day at school and she said that Griffin (her little pre-k boyfriend) brought their teacher some melted bread.


We think we figured that out to be a bread dough. We only figured it out though because Griffin's big sister is in Grace's class and Grace said it "was going to be bread when it cooked"


On a similar note, I was making bread yesterday and let Grace punch it down after it rose -- she thought it was the coolest thing ever! But, I can't blame her, that is my favorite part too :-)

We made an italian garlic bread that everybody loved! I didn't think the kids would like it since you could see the herbs, but they couldn't get enough!

2 comments:

Analee said...

lol. melted bread.

i made pizza this week, made my own dough. it is very easy - i used 1 packet of yeast, 1 cup of warm water, and about 2 Tbs of molasses (mixed it together) and when it got bubbly (smelled yeasty), i added 1cup of whole wheat flour, about a tsp of sea salt, and 2 cups of plain white flour (doesn't do good if you put too much whole wheat flour in it). i let it rise multiple times, and from that dough i can make 4 pizzas the size of my pizza stone. i roll it out REALLY thin, though, because i like the cracker style crust more than the thich crust. the wheat crusts do well like that (thin).

try it!

EngineerHousehold6 said...

Ugh...all this talk about fresh bread. My mouth is watering. LOL I hadn't made fresh bread in a while.

Also, if it's ok, I'm gonna try the pizza dough recipe (above) sometime. It sounds good. :-)