Friday, October 17, 2008

Adjustable Waistbands


You know, my girls have small waists and long legs. I have always loved the adjustable waistbands that come in most pants these days. It avoids the girls having to wear belts (which we avoid in order to keep their teacher's sanity during bathroom time) and avoids "high water" pants.
My question is: Why don't they put them in little clothes? And by little, I mean Sam's size! That boy has the smallest waist, but is super long! Faith was the same way. He fits easily into the 3-6 month size at 2 months old. The legs fit him perfectly, but before you know it, he is mooning you (okay, not really since he is wearing a diaper, but you get what I am saying). His waist is nowhere near big enough. But 0-3 month pants come just below his knee! Unless I put knee socks on him, his legs are exposed to the fall air (which is nice here today -- high of only 62). Why don't they put the adjustable bands in his size pants? It isn't like it would irritate him. Maybe I'll start my own infant's clothing line with adjustable waistbands for super long babies -- I'll call it my String Bean line :-)


Notice I didn't talk about Bubba... he doesn't really have this problem :-) Not that he has a big waist, but his legs aren't quite as long as the girls (proportionately, of course) so he can wear pants that fit both waist and legs. He is tall, but more of a long waisted tall -- just like Rob!

4 comments:

Analee said...

kendal is the same way. the 12 month size is too short, but fits his waist. the 18 month size is the right length, but is kinda big on the waist (have to "keep them up" or wear a shirt that tucks, like a onesie).

it is funny though how different brands are different shapes. the target brand clothes (cherokee?) are larger in the waist (the 18 month size) than the 18-24 month pants from gymboree! or coarse the target ones fit his length, i just roll up the gymboree ones for now!

last, pjs are the worst for the "mooning" component. plus, for some reason although i buy the 24 month size, they are SO tight in his arms that i have to run my fist through them first otherwise his fists get stuck about half way in! which... makes him mad. and no matter how well i tuck in that shirt, by morning it is always up around his boobs and the pants are exposing quite a bit of diaper butt! (of coarse by then it is also full of pee...)

EngineerHousehold6 said...

Both Gabriel and Katheryn have that problem too. I have to get them the adjustable waist pants.

I like your idea and choice of name for a infant clothing line.

Amanda

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

I remember I had that problem into high school. to get pants long enough for me i had to get them at least 1 size larger...or shop around forever until i found a brand that fit just right. wait until they get a little older, then they make all sizes in LONG, REGULAR, and SHORT.

Analee said...

kate, wait 'till you have some real money to drop on pants. you can buy them that fit perfectly... just not within a $25 budget!