Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ramblings

So I just got the call - Rob made it to California. Today is day 0 -- only 38 to go. We all got up this morning at 5am to take him in to work. We got back and I put the kids back in their beds, but they did not immediately go to sleep. They went back to sleep around 6:30... then I had to wake them BACK up for Faith's 9 o'clock soccer game! We will probably have an early night :-) Though, I just looked over and Bubba is past OUT on the couch.

On a completely random note, some people call me mean for not letting my kids have but specific crayons. I am a crayon snob. I can admit it. If they get crayons for a gift... I will throw them away if they are not -- WASHABLE. And today proved that my crayon snobbiness is very valid. Bubba went into his room to change from pull-up to undies. Well, it was taking him WAY too long. What was he doing, you ask? Drawing BIG circles on the wall. In orange and purple crayons. The fear of God bubbled into my insides that they may be the two crayons in the house that slipped through the mama-crayon-crack-down. But nope... it wiped right off. Bubba even did most of it. Sometimes brand snobs DO get a payoff :-)

1 comment:

Analee said...

interesting point about the crayons. i'll keep that in mind one day and #1 be a snob also and #2 make sure that anytime i give them as gifts, that they are washable!