Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm a grandma -- a beetle grandma

The experiment has officially ended :-) Grace successfully "grew" two beetles and I successfully let them stay inside until they hatched (I know hatched isn't the right word... but what is the right word? Morphed?). They went outside today. We tried to find a place that they wouldn't immediately be eaten by a bird. Grace wouldn't even hold them... she just emptied the whole cup into the monkey grass beside the house. Hopefully the oatmeal won't attract too many birds :-p




(click on the picture and you can really see them)

*I posted pictures earlier... don't miss them :-)

1 comment:

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

aww now you are a g-ma to Grace the butterfly and 2 beetles. did G name them or was she too disgusted? I love the picture of her holding her hair out of her face... she looks like she has an awesome idea