Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sam, the moose


Can you believe it has been 2 months?!? Today was Sam's 2 month well baby check up. He did great, though he was a bit on the grumpy side since he had been up for a while. The PA thought he was just the cutest -- I know, I know... she says that to all the moms, but she was definitely telling me the truth :-)

He measures at 24.5 inches long and a whopping 12lbs, 3 oz!! I've been calling him a moose all day! She was impressed with his head holding ability as well as his desire to stand on his feet (really he just pushes on your lap as you hold him, but it looks like he is trying to stand).

He had immunizations (three shots and an oral vaccine) and took them like a champ! He cried while the shots were going in, but as soon as I picked him up he calmed right down. And he LOVED the taste of the oral vaccine, though he didn't quite "get" how to eat it (since he hasn't ever really latched onto anything but me).

I can't believe that it has been 2 months since I had him! Here's how he measures up to a gorilla:-)

4 comments:

Dena said...

I want to hold him right now. That Gorilla comparison picture is great, especially with Rob holding him! He is so much like Josh (with his eyes closed) but so much like Faith with them open. He's a good mix of both of them.

Analee said...

kendal was 12 lb 4 oz, and 24 in long accd to my book. so, i guess they are about the same size... top of the chart! how cool is that!

of coarse, i'm sure kendal's head is/was bigger than sam's head. gosh, that gorilla may rival k's head! haha. what a sweet sweet orange topped head.

Dena said...

But that is a newborn picture of Sam, right? He still has his bracelet on. He's not very happy in the gorilla picture, is he?

jenbroome said...

I love it, he's such a big boy! Your blog makes me want kids even more, it may be banned from my computer by my boyfriend :>