Monday, April 21, 2008

My new toy :-)


I got a new sewing machine :-) Well, I should say that I got a sewing machine. I haven't had one before...


My first project is going to be making valences for the windows. I just have to find the right fabric. Our furniture is so dark that I want to use the curtains to lighten up the room. Hopefully I will be able to find something that Rob and I both agree on :-)


I've been playing around with some scrap fabrics this morning having a great time! I can't wait to really do something. I may have to get a sewing translation book... I was looking at a pattern and don't have a clue what some of the words are... yoke? No clue.

1 comment:

Dena said...

You just sew what you KNOW until I get there! It will be easy to make little dresses and shirts for the girls but not much for the men in your life....maybe baggy pajamas or robes!
I'm glad you finally got one...don't forget that you measure more than once and cut once...patterned cloth require more cloth so that you can match the pattern...pin baste....keep your fingers out of the way...I've got some easy apron patterns to share with you...iron as you go...
Did you feel any of the aftershocks today?