Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, Faithers!


Can anybody believe that my Faith is four today? Seems like only yesterday that I had that little spider monkey :-) She sure has turned out pretty after such... um, not-so-pretty beginnings. Remember those eyes?!? They took up half of her face :-)




Tonight was the Opening Ceremony for the Spring Soccer season. All of the teams were given their team shirts and introduced. Well, Coach Chris (the most patient coach ever) had it arranged that Faith kick out the first, ceremonial ball to start the soccer season. What a thrill it was for Faith to be in front of all of those kids, coaches and parents to kick the first ball! She is definitely the only one of my three that would actually do it, so it worked out perfectly! Here is the video of her kick...








We got home and ate the birthday meal that she picked... hotdogs with potato chips. Then everybody had a slice of coconut Barbie cake :-) Faith picked. I sure am glad that our kids will eat coconut now. I didn't remember to get birthday candles, so Faith blew out a votive (I know, I know... redneck, but she didn't mind a bit :-))

Anyway... HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAITH! We sure do love you!

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

She is adorable!

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

oh what a cute video! how did she stand there so still for so long?!? I remember when she was born. She was a beautiful little spider monkey!

Analee said...

that was a really cute video. she was eating up all that attention. i can't believe she is 4 either. i also can't believe you have 3 kids that will eat coconut. YUCK!

and last, yes, a votive for a birthday candle is redneck. but, you did just move. i am sure you have about 200 of the stashed away somewhere, in a box. in about 10 years, you will find them.