Wednesday, April 16, 2008

doctor's visit

So, went to the doctor this morning. Everything is still looking fine. I am measuring small, but have with 2/3's of the other pregnancies. I measured right on with Faith, but I was the biggest with Faith, too. Both Grace and Josh were over 8 lb babies and the midwives/doctors all told me they would be tiny (around 6 lbs I was told). I must just hide it well. Whatever it is, I won't complain about being smaller than average :-)

I will schedule the next ultrasound tomorrow. We still won't find out the gender, but we want to let the kids see the baby. All of the kids have felt at least a kick, but I don't think Bub quite 'gets it'. I did find out that the reason that the kicks are so strong so early -- (maybe TMI, but...) apparently my placenta is on the back of my uterus instead of the (typical) front. Means the kicks don't have a cushion to push through. Whatever the reason, there is another kicker in there! And we will definitely be working on our day/night schedules... many kicks at night and a lot of resting during the day. Hopefully isn't indicative of things to come...

1 comment:

Analee said...

glad everything is going ok with the baby.

i was large for many of the visits. (measured circumference, large). but i suppose that could have been both fat and water (not baby).