Saturday, April 26, 2008

2 more -isms

Faithism today:


I was watching the Science Channel this afternoon. Some show about the evolution of earth during early primate evolution. Well, I eventually left the room and apparently another show came on that Faith started watching. All of a sudden, this is what I hear...


Faith: Oh my goodness. Do NOT go outside today.

Grace: Why?

Faith: There is lava EVERYWHERE! We cannot go outside!

Me (from another room): What are you talking about?

Faith: You have GOT to come in here. There is something on TV about lava being everywhere!


Me (catching on that she is still watching the Science Channel): That show is not real. It is telling about something that happened a long time ago... after the dinosaurs (which is her reference point to a long time ago)

Faith (with such relief on her face that I had to hug her): Oh, thank goodness. I thought the lava was coming.

Grace (chiming in, as usual): Yeah, that happened right after the big rock came from outer space and killed all of the dinosaurs. That was WAY before people.


Graceism:


Grace was sitting with her daddy...

Grace: Daddy, you have salt on your chin.

Rob (wipes his chin): Did I get it?

Grace: No, it is still there in your beard.

Rob: Grace, that is my grey hair.

Grace (after a minute of contemplation): Well, I like it.

Rob: Thanks G, that makes me feel good.

3 comments:

Analee said...

the salt comment is the sweetest little thing i've ever heard. made tears come to my eyes. yea, i've got raging hormones. god help me.

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

hahaha... i'm laughing at analee's comment about raging hormones. now she'll cry like a normal harris!

Mrs. B said...

Your kids say the funniest things! I still crack up when I think about the "jalapeno" comment!