Saturday, April 19, 2008

Earthquake update

So, nobody really knows WHY it happened... just did. Apparently caused by the Wabash Fault (which there is very little info about). It could, or could NOT, be the northern most tip of the same fault system containing the New Madrid fault (which causes quite a number of shakes in Missouri). All I could find out is that it has happened before, but with this fault, the quakes are easily forgettable. I still wish I had felt it... or at least the aftershocks (which also shook some structures here on post).

Funny story about this though... there was a pregnant lady here on post who went in to work early ( I think she works at a gym) yesterday morning at around 5am. When her co-workers got to work at about 6am, they found her crying uncontrollably at her desk. They took her immediately to the hospital, thinking it was something pregnancy related. NO... she thought she was losing her mind because she said the whole office was moving and she couldn't make it be still. :-) Sounds like something I would think with a pregnant brain :-)

2 comments:

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

look at my blog. i will post the website for the seismic monitor

Analee said...

lol... i can see why she was worried too! poor lady. hope her baby is fine!