Monday, March 15, 2010

Thankfuls

1- Feeling back to normal -- looks like the sickness is gone from here!

2- Got G some new shoes this afternoon. I took the big three to the store on Friday -- and G neglected to wear socks. So... she didn't get shoes. She was such a great helper that I made sure she got her shoes too.

3- Speaking of G's shoes... she liked the $55 shoes (of course), but I didn't. So... we compromised and she still got some she liked that I liked too! They weren't much less money, though. When did kids' shoes get expensive? Oh well, I am putting my faith in "you get what you pay for".

4- Got the big three each a new outfit -- school pictures are Thursday. Our kids take pictures twice a year. Once in the fall (where I make them wear their school pride t-shirts) and then once in the spring (where they get to dress up). They are all so excited!

5- Today is the 15th of the month. All of our bills are paid (current). It sure is nice to be financially stable. I can remember struggling -- not that there are times we don't seem to struggle now, but usually it is because we want something big. Hopefully we can keep up the trend of savings!

2 comments:

Emily Davis said...

Kids shoes are ridiculously expensive. I get most of Gabe's at Once Upon a Child (do you have those there?). It is a consignment store for children. Anyway, that has worked in the past, but now the shoes are so worn by the time they are 3 or 4 years old, so I am having to buy new ones. Whoa! Even Payless which I thought used to be reasonable is sort of high now. Thank God for summer and flip flops!

Analee said...

kendals and hollys are always $40 to $50. guess that is because i go to stride rite. they do last long, though, he's never worn out a pair. and, we've passed on every one of them - hopefully to be worn for just as long (if not longer).

just think about how good an "expensive" pair of shoes feel on your feet! good shoes make your whole body feel better. it is one place that i don't mind spending extra money. $8 t-shirts, $20 jeans, and $150 shoes. that's me in a nutshell.