Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thankfuls

1- The new computer is up and running -- after an hour on the phone with Dell Tech Support. I was trying to salvage my old hard drive (and all of the stuff on it) so I swapped the old one for the new one in the new computer -- yes, that's right, I did it myself. I thought it would be a good idea. Not so much. The computers went from (old) Windows Vista to (new) Windows 7, which doesn't jive so much -- the computer was having trouble recognizing both the mouse and the keyboard. So... since I had the old hard drive in the computer I took everything off of the good ol' C:/drive and backed it up onto my external hard drive. I do this every so often anyway, just in case, so really I only had to back up my 2010 files. Then, I swapped the hard drives back out. Now I have the new hard drive back in the new computer and it works great -- plus I didn't lose any of my songs on iTunes or my pictures!! Oh... and I am really digging Windows 7 so much more than Vista (but who doesn't).

2- Muffins with Moms this morning at the kids' school. Had a bit of drama with Faith, but it all worked out for both of us.

3- Got the bags I ordered from Thirty-One today. The girls got new lunch bags and they are so excited to use them for the first time tomorrow!

4- American Idol. I am so glad it is back on for the season :-) I know, cheesy, but I do love watching it.

5- Got Bones signed up for hourly care on Friday afternoon. The kids don't have school on Friday, so I really expected hourly care to be packed. I have a parent teacher conference with Bub's teacher and didn't want to have the distraction of little brother running around. The girls will both be there, but I can put them out in the hallway with their NintendoDSs and they'll be quiet... hopefully. I'm excited to see what Bub's teacher has to say about him. You know, he is the youngest in the class and I always worry that he's behind. Though I think he is a genius :-)

{Okay, so he isn't the youngest in the class. In DoDEA schools, some kids qualify to do two years of PreK due to some sort of developmental delay(s). So there are two in his class that are younger.}

No comments: