Monday, March 15, 2010

Sickness strikes again

Oh My Gosh. I thought that I was going to die this weekend. So sick.


It started out innocently enough. Girls' night at my house. Two glasses of wine. All of a sudden, I'm not feeling so great. I think... hmmm... I may need to eat something. So, I eat a little bit. Doesn't help. Gets worse, if anything.



Violent. That's all I can say to describe it. Violent and Fast.


This has happened to me before. Rob and I call it the Schlotzsky's Syndrome. When Rob and I were (what? dating? did we date?) dating, we went to Schlotzsky's Deli and ate before going out drinking and dancing. After only 2-3 drinks (well under my tolerance level of sickness), I got violently sick... all over my poor husband's shoe... in a club. Yep, got thrown out. Sickness continued... in the alley nearby. There were moments that I remember and moments that are complete blanks. It lasted over 36 hours. Just like this time.






Miserable. My normal tricks (cool showers, Tylenol, water, etc) didn't work. I couldn't keep medicine down long enough for it to work. This time, fever was involved. High fever. Like, 103 fever. I was starting to get worried... well, in my brief moments of waking lucidness. little did I know, my phone was dead. So the girls that had been over, to witness the beginning of my horrid sick self, had been trying to check on me. Last night, Jessica came over to check on me. I had started to feel a bit better, thankfully.

Grace was a champ. And she will be rewarded for it. Yes, she will.

I got up this morning, got the kids on the bus and then went back to bed. I have basically slept since midnight Sunday morning. Miserable. Sam, luckily, slept until 9am then played in his room until 10! What a great bunch of kids I have.

So, I think I'm on the mend. I have eaten a piece of toast today and feel pretty good. Lots of liquids. Things are staying where they are supposed to now.

PS -- turns out two other families in my neighborhood had the same thing this weekend! I hope nobody else gets sick!

1 comment:

Analee said...

that explains no answer on your phone.

glad you are better. i think that is what i had in january - when i ended up getting a IV for fluids.