Monday, July 27, 2009

Weird Night


Does anybody else have paranoid nights? I only have them when Rob is deployed -- or on a field problem. But last night, at about 1am, I heard a noise. If Raleigh had not been on my chest, I would have said it was the cat. But he was, so I knew it wasn't him. So.. what do I do? Panic. While holding my phone in my hand, I looked around the upstairs. I was NOT brave enough to go downstairs. When I saw nothing, I laid back down, but couldn't get settled. So... what did I do next? Make pallets on the floor, get all four of my children into my room and locked the door. Sam was not a happy camper. He was on the bed with me and kept hitting me. Not happy.

I made it until 5:30 this morning. I was being pushed off of the bed by Sam scooting over and Josh deciding he was going to get onto my bed and sleep SIDEWAYS. I couldn't take anymore. So, I put Sam back in his crib -- much to his displeasure. I get in the bed and hear the same noise again. What was it?!? It was Sam kicking his crib rails. Why did it sound SO menacing just four and a half hours earlier?!?

Needless to say, it was a rough night. We all lounged (not slept, but stayed pretty low key) until 9:45!

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Been there! When my first husband moved out of our house, although I was in general happy about it, I was paranoid sleeping there by myself at first. This was in Colorado Springs and although we lived in subdivision, our house was surrounded by many tall trees so it seemed secluded. One night I was in bed reading when I heard what really sounded like footsteps on the flagstone patio right below my bedroom. The more I listened, the more I heard them; and, it sounded as though they were walking around the house; from the patio to the walkway to the front and back; like a circle. Not only this, I was sure they were MALE footsteps in hard shoes (like maybe dress shoes or steel toed boots or something). This went on for about 15 minutes. I was so freaked out! I finally called a girl that worked for me whose husband had ties to the police department. She told me he'd sent a patrol car over to check it out. I lay there huddled in bed, scared out of my wits as it sounded now like there were more than one set of foosteps making the circle around the house. Finally, after about 15 minutes, she called me back to report that there was a herd of muld deer wandering around my house. What I was hearing was their hooves.
Man, I felt like an IDIOT but, better safe than sorry, right?

Analee said...

i remember when kendal was a baby, i couldn't figure out what noise was in his room. i would hear a bumping noise on the monitor all night, but he wasn't moving. i was convinced there was a ghost in his room. yea, and i don't even believe in ghosts. i was totally freaked out.

one night i happened to be in his room when it happened.

it was him farting in his sleep.

Analee said...

and, by the way amy, that is a funny story. i can see how that would have been VERY scary.