Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday's Thanks

So, I have been SUCH a slacker this week. I'll try to make my thankfuls for tonight good ones :-)

1- I really like the church that we've been visiting. I think that Rob would actually like it too -- if he could get past the fact that it is HUGE.

2- For some reason yesterday I felt that I had to ... no, needed to... make banana bread. I don't really know why since the bananas weren't quite as "soft" as I usually wait to make the bread. I'm not saying it was some sort of divine intervention, but I had a gut feeling that I was going to need it. Well, last night, my neighbor needed to go to the ER -- nothing serious, but she needed to get checked out. So, I became Melissa Plus Eight (that is right ... another four kids in the house). When the neighbor came back, it was around 1:30am. I was able to give her enough banana bread so she wouldn't have to make breakfast this morning. Plus I didn't have to cook/fix/make breakfast for my own kids this morning :-) I really think people should listen to their guts a little more often.

3- I got to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on Friday night. I liked it... though I have a bit of worries about the movies about #7. Seems to me that they left things out that are VERY important in the story line of the last book.

4- I'm still loving Skype :-)

5- The girls had camp this past week. I think it gave Grace the break she needed from a summer of nothing but mama! We have been a bit more tolerant of each other -- though she can still talk a person deaf.

6- watched a new reality show tonight -- like I need another to watch -- called Whale Wars on Animal Planet. Very strange.

7- I asked Josh tonight (while outside) if he needed to go potty. He said no. I told him that if he needed to, then he could do it behind our big bush. He immediately ran over and peed behind the bush. I said to him -- "I thought you didn't have to go". He said -- "well, you didn't tell me I could go behind the bush!" Boys will be boys!!
** just for clarification purposes, I am not one to let my children pee anywhere. Josh, though, isn't quite tall enough to reach and open our front door. Since he waits until the last possible minute to go potty, he usually has an accident before he gets to the toilet because he has to wait for somebody to open the door for him. I just wasn't going to be right there at the door tonight -- that's why I gave him the bush option.

3 comments:

Analee said...

LOVE the josh one... that is the best! can't wait till kendal is peeing in the bushes. next summer for sure.

Dena said...

WHICH BUSH? I thought they were cut down OR only one was "trimmed up". I can't wait for him to pee in my yard. he has permission ANYTIME....your girls too. I'm far enough back for no one to see.....

Leanne said...

Any mother with 4 kids who can make banana bread, sew, and reads a book and whose husband/father of the 4 kids is in Afghanistan deserves a great big "ATTA GIRL" from me. When Alisha/Amy were little I did no sewing and could only read 2 pages of Reader's Digest! I check your site often to see how you all are doing. I am glad you found skype. I saw it on Oprah and thought of you. They have it here in the library for anyone who doesn't have it to use. Just letting you know that we think of you and Rob alot. Love to all, Leanne