Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday's Thanks

1- another great day for the girls at camp. Grace went to the water park with her program (which made this mama a bit nervous) and had a great time. She is a bit more confident in her abilities than I am...

2- missed our walk tonight -- which isn't a good thing, but missing it because I have chatty neighbors (as much as I am anyway) is great. Sometimes our street feels like my dorm in college -- only we have kids -- we just kind of drop in and talk to whoever is out :-)

3- made another pillowcase dress. This one out of ACU material with yellow ribbons. Very cute!

4- Deadliest Catch tonight -- though it made me cry

5- Finished a great book yesterday. The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chavelier -- same author who wrote Girl with a Pearl Earring. Really liked it. Very easy, not too long. Quite good. I recommend it to anybody who wants a quick, easy read.

3 comments:

Analee said...

did you read girl with a pearl earring?

maybe a dumb question, but what is acu? is that camo?

ok. wishing our 'hood was like a dorm, maybe i'd get out more.

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

deadliest catch made me cry too! glad i'm not alone there.

Melissa said...

Yes, ACU (army combat uniform) is the new camoflage that the Army uses.