Monday, July 28, 2008

New Cards

So, here are my newest baby cards. Rob's cousin, Jennifer, had her first baby on Saturday morning -- an adorable little girl named Ashlyn. They'll get the girl card and then I tried to get ahead of the game for a friend who is due at the end of August with a little boy. Who knows if I will have time to make the card when she actually has him :-) We'll see how I handle baby #4's presence -- though with both Grace in school full time and Faith there half days, I may be better than ever! I've never only had 2 at the house!! Anyway... here they are:

I used: SU! All in the Family for the baby and bear; $1 new baby stamp from Michaels; I don't have a scallop punch, so the scalloped circle isn't quite even (I used a corner rounder) but it works. The tags dangle from wire hoops that were more difficult than I expected to make. The inside is stamped from an acrylic set from All Night Media. It says: "A baby will make love stronger; days shorter, nights longer,; bankroll smaller, home happier; clothes shabbier, the past forgotten; and the future worth living for"





I used a ribbon weave technique for the focal point. The baby is still from SU! All in the Family set. The striped frame is up on dimensionals because the ribbon weave sticks off pretty far.

1 comment:

Analee said...

please show me how to do the ribbon one when we are in KY!