Sunday, July 13, 2008

Maker's Mark



Yesterday we went to Loretto, KY (jelly) to visit the Maker's Mark distillery. I really didn't want to go, to be honest. That is not the kind of thing that interests me in the slightest, but my dear husband and his brother are sort of junkies with that sort of thing. So, we went. The whole family. It took two vans...
Going into the curing house...

Historical marker





I must admit that I had a great time. I didn't participate in the tasting, as I couldn't justify doing the two shots while 8-1/2 months pregnant (though I really wanted to :-)). So, here are some pictures!
Grace in the typical 'smell the flower' pose

Faith in the 'smell the flower' pose

Do these two look alike or what?!?

A video of how completely disgusting the process looks... this is the yeast doing its job and getting air into and out of the liquid. It was really gross to look at!

Rob and Andy tasting

1 comment:

Analee said...

oh man, i can almost smell those yeast. YUM!

i would have had to at least taste... maybe not a whole shot, but a drop wouldn't hurt, right?