Sunday, July 27, 2008

A-HA moment of the day


I thought that this pregnancy had been very similar to the other three until just recently. Two of my other three were also (what I consider) summer pregnancies -- meaning I spend the last trimester sweating it out. I haven't ever had any major issues with being able to stay cool... until this pregnancy. I have found myself going from a sweater on to burning up within an hour or two. Though I am not trying to 'conserve' energy, I do stick to one temperature on the thermostat and leave it there, adjusting with blanket or t-shirt, depending on which way I am compensating. Apparently, however, G didn't know that the thermostat wasn't to be fiddled with all day, depending on how she felt.
I made a comment today that I was hot... again. She looked right at me and said, "well, I was cold so I put the number on 80." What?!? After questioning further, she said that when she is hot, she likes it around 50.
A-HA!
So, we have had a discussion now on what the thermostat does and why it is important to be left in one place and not touched by the 5 year old! Maybe this pregancy isn't too different afterall :-)

3 comments:

BrerSkwerl said...

You'll get a kick out of how blind/stupid I am, but when I read the first line of your blog, and briefly looked at the picture leading in, I thought that it was some sort of birth control pill dispenser, ... ;) like the one in this Gwen Stefani video

Analee said...

lol. that is funny, no wonder you've been having temperature flashes! haha, smart little girl, though, knowing which way to turn it at which temperature flash...

Melissa said...

brerskwerl... haha! it DOES look like an old school BC pack!