Thursday, July 24, 2008

KWerner Color Challenge

So, I am a lurker. I have certain blogs that I visit on a regular basis, never leaving messages but benefiting from some great information and ideas (especially with cards and kids' crafts). Well, my favorite (and daily visited) blog has to be -- hands down -- http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/index.html She has great tutorials and great ideas. Anyway... Kristina offers a weekly color challenge. She gives a picture and the Stampin' Up equivalent color to use. This week's challenge caught me!


I absolutely LOVE this dress!! And if I weren't a nine month pregnant whale, I may actually want to wear it :-) As it is now, my belly may fit under the skirt :-p

So, here's my attempt.




I tried to re-create the greatness of the dress (which didn't work quite like I wanted). It is kind of hard to tell, but the regal rose mat has been dry embossed with a swirl pattern from Fiskars. The 'skin' is colored with Blush Blossom, which also doesn't quite show up in the photo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

your card is SO cute.....she looks adorable! Love your music too!

Becky said...

Very pretty! I love your texturing!

Analee said...

that card is gorgeous - the dress looks so cool!

Stamp With Linz said...

Excellent! I love that stamp set! :) Nicely done.

Martha said...

Your card is beautiful and you used Stampin' Up! stamps. It looks very much like the dress you want to wear. You'll be wearing it soon.