Monday, March 3, 2008

Pet Peeves

I really try not to let things get to me. I did say 'try'. But as of late (I will blame it on the soaring hormones), things seem to be getting on my last nerve. These are not new things, just things that seem to be amplified right now...

1) My children grunting when I tell them no. I have had to walk out of the room before I lost my mind! Grace does it so much that she doesn't even know when she does it anymore!

2) Premature honkers. You know... those jackasses that are tenth in line at a stoplight who think that if the light is green everyone should miraculously be going the speed limit.

3) Inversely, those people who are too busy searching their laps, purses, mirrors, etc to notice that the light has been green for thirty seconds -- and they are usually the first in the line of cars!

4) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows... I've just finished listening to the audiobook on my iPod. It really is one of the worst books in the series. There is a whole lot of 'fluff' without much substance. Goes back to the theory that she felt she had to fill a certain number of pages to have the book be a success. (*don't get me wrong, I still am a Harry freak)

5) ants. My house is probably cleaner and more sanitized than it has been in a while (again, I attribute those high hormones in the second trimester)... so why are there ants in my kitchen NOW?!? I hate those little things. Make me feel like I need to throw everything away, even the non-edible things --- I don't think our microwave will make it through the week.

6) ant traps/poisons. They don't manufacture these things with little sticky pads on the back. The ants in our house are those tiny little ants... the ones that can just WALK UNDER the traps because they are not quite flush with the floor! UGH!

Hmmm.. there seem to be so many more as I go through the day, but I can't think of anymore right now. I am sure I will be talking of more as I come across them.

5 comments:

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

i want to hear some bitching about the hospital...

Analee said...

I ALSO HATE ANTS!!!

Dena said...

Ant Terror. but you have to put it under something so the cat won't get it. I'll send some tomorrow. Guaranteed...by me and Father. You just put a drop down...like underneath the microwave..where you see them in line. They'll find it and share it with their kin then everyone of them will die. You can even put a drop outside if you can find where they're coming in. IF you watch for long enough and close enough, you can find their track and put up a roadblock of ANT TERROR.

Dena said...

PS. The only place that I've ever found this (other than father's store in Centerville) is Debnam's Hardware in Zebulon. Can you smell that place right now?

Dena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.