Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ultrasound




So, I had an ultrasound yesterday. Everything looks fine and normal. Baby is measuring within three days of what is expected (measuring at 19w6d, instead of 20w1d) in all but one measurement. Baby's femur length (long bone in leg) is measuring quite long -- nothing extraordinary, but the tech said "this one is going to be a long one"! Bone is measuring at 21w1d... so a whole week ahead! I am expecting another one like Faith... who was 22-1/2 in when she was born.




I did NOT find out the gender -- though I was alone in that ultrasound room and it was SO tempting. I am not nearly as nervous as I thought I would be... I do have one more chance though... in 4 weeks I will have another ultrasound that the kids can come to, so one more hurdle :-)


The picture is a hand, obviously... in (what we call) Spider Arms. Josh saw the picture and said "High Five" :-) Smart boy!

4 comments:

Doc said...

Whew... Only 5 toes per foot ;-)

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

aww such a sweet hand. you know after this one is born there will be 12 hands and 60 fingers. that sure will make a lot of finger prints!

Dena said...

I can see a nickname coming out of this one! Just call me "High Five!" Or get Grace to translate that into spanish! Something Cinco.

Analee said...

i think it'd be cinco something. (five high).

i can't wait to see those spider arms!