Friday, March 7, 2008

Cards

So, I decided that I really do need to make some new cards. All of this is a result of the fact that I had to search for a congratulations card to give to a friend... I should be able to do that myself! Especially with having all of the 'stuff' to do it. So, here are my newest attempts...


Both are made with the "In Full Bloom" set from Stampin' Up! I love the set, but can't always figure out how to make anything with them. I still think the one with the bee on it needs something, but I didn't have any ribbon to pull across the green. Hmmm... may have to tweak that one.

2 comments:

Analee said...

your new cards are beautiful! i especially like the 2nd one for some reason, my eyes are drawn to it.

i now what you mean about needing something, i often ask nathaniel... "they are missing something. what do i need to do?" and his ideas are usually good ones.

the only thing i can think of for you, not that you need it, is to maybe texture or heat-emboss or versamark stamp the background pieces (the circle piece for the 2nd one). i don't think i'd use something as bright as patterned paper, per say, just something that is invisible type texture (embossed or watermarked cheesecloth, embossed or watermarked tiny dots, etc). even rubbing a piece of sandpaper over the paper may add enough. i think adding a bit of "texture" to the background may help them satisfy your "needing something" eye without adding too much or taking away from the main focus.

yay for stamping!

Analee said...

actually i looked at #2 again and decided that what draws my eye to it is that tiny little red line across the top of the flower that makes it look warm.

nice touch!