Monday, March 14, 2011

Thanks

1) All day today (well, since church was over), my girls have been walking around the house singing "Open the eyes of my heart, Lord..." I can't think of much better things to hear!


2) Gorgeous weather today... until it rained late this afternoon.

3) Kids only have two days of school this week. And I am excited about having them home!

4) Rob and I sat down to do our monthly budget (yes, we do it at the mid-month pay instead of the beginning of the month) and this month... we budgeted for me to get a haircut! Woo-hoo! I need it to be cut off!!

5) Popcorn once the kids go to bed -- should probably make me feel guilty, but it doesn't. Not one bit.

Random things from today:

*I got completely sucked into the show Sister Wives today. There was a marathon on TLC leading up to the Season 2 opener tonight. By the end of the evening, we have seen every one of the season 1 episodes. No judgement from me. They seem to be happy (though not something I think i could do) and are raising their kids in a supportive, loving environment.

*Kate~ I started reading Michal today. I'm getting flashbacks to The Red Tent. I guess it's just the fictional story of someone you know only the smallest amount of information. What's even more of a weird connection... I just started reading Facing Your Giants which is all about David (and his many failures and victories). So, I had just had a 'read ahead' of the whole story of David marrying Michal.

*I think the new Mercedes that will brake on its own if you are approaching another fixed point is weird. Like Big Brother is watching weird. No, thank you.

2 comments:

Dena said...

I was hoping to see a video of the girls singing the song...it's definitely easy to learn the words as they are repeated so many times. Pretty song.

Courtney Champagne said...

I am kind of addicted to Sister Wives too. I am still unsure as to why, and it's even stranger to try to explain to my hussband why, but I can't stop watching.