Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankfuls

1- Two days of sleeping late (past 7am) because of Spring Break makes me very happy :-)

2- Took the kids to Bennett Springs State Park today. Though we didn't tackle the trail we wanted to do (I chickened out since I had them by myself and it was considered a "steep hike" on the map), they were troopers the whole time... well, most of the time. We started with a picnic, then hiked, then toured a fish hatchery then hiked back to the car for a snack. Bubba got mad at me (I can't remember why) and wouldn't sit for the kid's end of trip picture.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


3- I didn't burn down the house tonight. Yes, that is something I am thankful for tonight. I had a corned beef simmering on the stove while we left for soccer practice... but didn't have it low enough, apparently. When I put the beer in (for flavor), it kind of exploded, but I thought it would be fine... um... well, I guess not. I didn't account for the amount of liquid lost when it 'exploded'. So, all of the liquid evaporated out -- and when we walked in, I really thought the kitchen was on fire. It wasn't, thank goodness, but the corned beef was not salvageable... and man oh man does the house stink. But it's still here :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

4- Beautiful weather -- which is even more important tonight when we must keep our windows open to get the funky burnt smell out of the house!

5- We caught up with American Idol tonight. SO glad that our favorites are still kicking it!

6- I love the library. We went today and got four movies and a couple of CDs to enjoy over the next week. WAY cheaper than renting :-)

7- Soccer practice was great tonight. I think Bubba will be one of the stars of his team this year (and I am not saying that as the proud mama that I am... seriously, he's gotten pretty good)

8- Bones has become quite a tree pee-er. I have to convince him to pee in the toilet. Fortunately (for him), the bathroom was locked tonight at soccer practice. He got to go where he wanted... on the nearest tree!

No comments: