Friday, June 12, 2009

Trip -isms and Tonight's Thanks

First, the isms :-)

*We were driving through the mountains of Tennessee last night and my ears stopped up -- you know -- got all stuffy from the change in altitude. As I was trying to pop them, I looked back and saw Faith holding her nose. I knew exactly what she was doing, as we had talked about it just a few days earlier. What was she doing? She calls it "getting the air out of her ears" -- makes sense to me :-)

*Around midnight, I decided to keep driving and push through to mom's house (instead of stopping for the night). The kiddos were all asleep -- until all of a sudden, Faith started crying. Since this was no where near our first road trip, I knew exactly what was wrong. She said her foot was vibrating. Her foot was asleep :-)

*Once we got to mom's, we rested and the kids woke up bright and early to explore the territory of mom and dad's. It has been 6 months since we've been in NC, so everything was relatively new. We quickly found ourselves outside, playing. Grace couldn't believe that at mamaw's house, it rains straw! (The pine needles are falling from the trees). Josh was chasing the golf balls that granddaddy let him hit -- but he didn't have shoes on, so he would only follow them on the grass. Well, I hit one a little too hard and it landed in the pinestraw near a tree. He came running back to borrow my flip flops -- saying he couldn't walk 'over there' because there were 'pinecorns' all over the place!

Thanks--
1- I am so thankful to be in NC and not have to make that drive again for 2 weeks!

2- I got to nap today -- and didn't have to worry about where my children were or what they were doing!

3- That nap... I got to snuggle up with Holly for it :-)

4- I am excited about doing Komen in the morning with the girls. I really hope to not be carrying them by the end :-p

5- The blueberries on dad's bushes are almost ripe! Looks like we will be eating them before we go home :-)

No comments: