Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday's Thanks

1- Sam had a horrible night last night -- but since mom is here, she came and got him at around 8am and let me sleep. Meant we missed church, but man was it nice to have a bit of a break.

2- Went to the pool today. Grace doesn't trust me -- seems I 'let her go under' when she knocked me down last time she went down the slide. She did let mom take her in, though. Once she was in, she was begging to take the life vest off! Of course, I wouldn't let her, but she sure did try.

3- Sam has started taking steps. Such a cute little FrankenSam.

4- New neighbors moved in about two weeks ago. They have a 5 year old little girl -- not many of those in this neighborhood! The kids all went over to her house last night to swim in her little backyard pool. The had fun and I got to meet some other Knox women!

5- Yesterday, our front steps were painted. Kind of a rust color, but painted nonetheless. Of course, they didn't think to repair them first... so there's no telling how bad it will look in about a month.

6- Faith is swimming like a champ. She still wearing the life vest, but mainly because the shallowest part of the water is 3.5 ft and I don't have enough arms to hold onto her, Sam, Bubba and Grace. :-)

7- Bubba even jumped into the pool today! Granted it was off of the steps, but I will definitely take small steps of progress!! Hopefully, this week of mom being here and our two weeks in NC will really help their water confidence!

2 comments:

Analee said...

grace has always been a chicken!

and because of that, i'm taking no chances with holly. she's getting her ears pierced in 2-1/2 weeks!

Emily Davis said...

Great video of Sam taking those steps! So sweet. I guess he is just trying to keep up with everyone else now!