Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sleeping

As with all of our children, Sam has been sleeping in our bed (much to the dismay of Rob :-)). It just makes feeding him easier on me and wakes us both up as minimally as possible. Plus when I have those paranoid -middle of the night - freakouts that something is wrong, I can just look at him and see/feel that he is fine without having to get up. Anyway, we had a rough night last night. Samboni has caught my horrid cold. He is all stopped up but doesn't quite get that his mouth can breath, too. So he gasps for breath which makes my paranoia even fiercer. Finally propping him up on my arm helped him, but has given me a sore neck (because I didn't want to move and disturb him).
This morning, I got up to get G-mama up and ready for the bus and put him on his side (yes, I know that every pediatric dr on earth says to put newborns on their backs only, but Sam sleeps better on his side). When I came back in to get myself dressed and check on him, he had rolled over onto his tummy and was OUT! All of our kids have preferred to sleep on their tummies, so Sam fits right in!! Plus, he had one leg pulled up, just like his daddy sleeps :-)

On another note, Sam has thrush. I am having to treat both of us with some horrible medicine. I am not giving him a whole dose, though. Yesterday, I gave him the first dose as prescribed and he threw up and got hungry again very quickly. It isn't like I can just whip up some more milk! So the modified dosage is working to not make him throw up, so hopefully this will clear us both up! His mouth already looks better and I am feeling better, too!

2 comments:

Analee said...

poor kid, poor mom, and poor dad.
kendal preferred his belly too. when he would get fussy on his back, i'd just roll him over. heck, i was RIGHT there watching him anyway, if he stopped breathing, i would've known it fast as lightening. sometime around the 4 month mark he stopped liking the bellytime. he still hates it.

try the gripe water with soothing his tummy. that stuff REALLY works. i've tried it. on an alcohol-induced tummy ache (chris and i both tried it, and it worked for both of us).

EngineerHousehold6 said...

Aww it's so hard when the little ones get sick. Katheryn had a horrible cold and we had to endure a week of saline and a nose sucker. I ended up putting a pillow under one end of the crib mattress that way the stuff could drain a bit better and not just stand in her nose/throat. I hope he gets better soon!