Friday, August 1, 2008

Change #1

Well... the end is still in sight, but it has been pushed back a day. The hospital called today to tell me that my Tuesday induction was being bumped back to Wednesday due to a high risk pregnancy's need. What was I supposed to say... NO?!? So, who knows... maybe I will still go 'on my own' by Wednesday morning. I kind of hope to...

The kids and I met F's teacher earlier this afternoon. She seems to be SO nice, which will be great for F. She, thankfully, volunteered to change all of her name tags to "Faith" from "Georgia". There are definitely times when I regret calling her (and G) by their middle names. Oh well... too late now, I suppose. Who knows, though. She may change her tune in a few years and want to be Georgia. I guess that is a benefit of moving every two or three years. They can make adjustments without TOO much fuss. But, back to Mrs D... F turned on the charm. Mrs D wanted to know (from me) if there was anything she should know about F. Rob and I had already discussed telling her that F is a bit of a sensitive child, who can't take a very strict voice, etc. She wants to please everybody so bad that she gets her feelings hurt easily. As a seasoned teacher, Mrs D said that she could tell that already, just from being around her for 10 minutes! So, I have a lot of good hopes for this year already!

We are about to leave to go *back* to school to meet G's teacher. We walked down the hall today and I showed G which was her class and she immediately looked at me, with those HUGE brown eyes, and said she knew which one was her teacher. I was slightly concerned since the room itself reminded her... turns out that hers is the teacher with the "big bottom". That is what she remembers. What a dork. Anyway, I'll try to update later on my impression of her :-)

1 comment:

Analee said...

i wonder if the teacher will remember you as the one with the "big belly"