Sunday, June 8, 2008

Grace-isms

There are two today...

**Grace was writing "Happy Birthday" in the card that she made for her granddaddy... but I was a 'mean' mom and made her sound it out. I wouldn't tell her how to spell birthday.




She thought it was "Birt-day" she didn't know that the word is birth. TOO funny. She did figure it out, but it was very funny until I sounded it out for her :-)


**Rob has gotten into the habit of fixing the girls root beer floats as a special dessert after dinner -- if they have been good (very subjective interpretation of 'good' has been used lately). Anyway, Grace was begging for one tonight... but she thought they were called "flows". She kept asking for a flow. We didn't understand until she put the root beer in front of it :-p

4 comments:

Analee said...

i can't wait to see the card. the party was great (but a very, very, VERY hot... 102 deg). everyone asked about you!

Dena said...

I wish you all could have come to the party...but as Analee sait, it was VERY HOT!
I too would like a rootbeer flow...flowing right into my mouth by way of a long straw!
One more thing, unless you really listen or unless someone really pronounces it, you don't hear the th sound in birthday. In birth sure, but not when you say or sing birthday. I guess it is because the tongue is already against your top teeth when you say the t and has to be there again for the d so the h just gets swallowed in there somewhere.

Dena said...

I misspelled said! There is one good reason for previewing, huh?

I'm to sexy for my chert said...

everyone did ask about you melissa. even our granddeddy! he asked if you and the kids were coming out. (It was very sad to say no...)