Thursday, July 21, 2011

Whew... it's been a rough few days

Well... I've been sick. And it all stemmed from a stinkin' tooth. That's right -- I was down and out for three and a half days due to a tooth. I felt it crack a few weeks ago, but it didn't hurt {and I'm a huge dentist-ophobe} so I waited it out. Early last week, part of the tooth came out... just broke right off. Still didn't hurt. Until Sunday. I have never been so uncomfortable in all of my life.

{okay, we all know that's not true. I've had four kids. I've felt my share of pain. But that pain is rewarded in the end with a beautiful, miracle of a baby that thinks you are the greatest thing on earth. This pain was only going to end in the dentist's chair.}

I called Monday morning... they couldn't get me in at a time I could actually go. I called Tuesday morning... they couldn't get me in until just after noon on Wednesday. Sign me up! That's saying something... if I'm wanting to go to the dentist. I had, by the time I got to the dentist on Wednesday, slept with ice packs on my face for three nights (getting up in the middle of the night to get new cold ones) and more motrin/tylenol in my system than I think you are supposed to have in a year.

Monday and Tuesday I didn't get out of bed. I barely exaggerate... I went from the bed to the shower (my favorite place to try to feel better) to the couch to the bed. I didn't eat. I didn't fix a meal {G was a champ with the PB&Js!}. I was useless. So, I don't have a picture of those days.

I do have a picture of my feet getting over their deathly fear of the dentist, but it's on my phone and I can't get the silly thing to put its pictures on the computer :-(

But I digress... so I got to the dentist, with the full intention of getting this tooth out of my head. The dentist explained my options... pulpotomy with an eventual root canal $481... extraction $34. Hmmm... let me think. Take that sucker OUT! {I must admit, I was lucky that this was the very last molar on my left, upper side. If it had been my front tooth, I would have taken a different option...}.

So once I signed all the crazy info sheets you have to sign to get a tooth pulled -- you know the ones that give you even more fear of the dentist... like broken jaws, etc, he numbed me up and pulled it! I was still pretty miserable yesterday and until about noon-ish today. But now, I feel like a new woman! I didn't realize the pressure that I'd been feeling in my head was due to this tooth! I thought I had a tension headache, then I thought I had the beginning of a sinus infection, then an ear infection... then a migraine. Well, I did have the migraine, but I think it was triggered from this stupid tooth! I'm so glad that it's out and that I'm back to semi-normal.

Today, I even went outside!

Photobucket

It has been 100+ with heat index for the past week (today was one of the highest, with the temp at 100 and the heat index at 110). So I put the sprinklers on for the kids and off they went. And I sat on my bottom, talking to my mama on the phone :-)

So, not pictures of feet, but here are some from today -- you can definitely tell that Bones was the only one who stayed near me. He loves the water, but doesn't like the sprinkler.

Photobucket

Bones was building a bridge... with tomato stakes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Not really sure why I have no pictures of the girls... guess they were running too fast for me!

Things I'm thankful for tonight:
1) I am VERY thankful for no more toothache!
2) Toyota Venza commercials. They are hilarious!
3) Disney's summer movie series. There really is something wonderful about snuggling on the couch with your boys -- and looking over to see Rob snuggled with the girls -- and watching Wall-E.
4) My parents are coming to see me -- um, I mean -- us!
5) Rob won't go to bed without me. That's not saying he won't go to sleep without me. Right now, he's "watching" some show about Berring Sea monsters... with his eyes closed because he won't go upstairs without me :-) I sure do love that man!

3 comments:

Dena said...

TEll Joshua to SAVE THAT ROCK! But make sure that Rob identifies it! Save it for me!

Analee said...

glad you are feeling better! call me sometime!

Mrs. B said...

Had a similar problem while in Charleston for vacation. Thought it was allergies draining into nerve endings. Finally realized I had a serious problem. Got to the dentist; yep you need a root canal! I went ahead and had it done; felt better right away. But, less than $500 for yours (had you had one) you say? Try $1500 for mine! That's what happens when you give up dental insurance! Ouch! Glad you're doing better.