Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend catch-up

I've found a pattern in my blogging... I hardly ever write over the weekend. I take my camera with me, I think about things I will write, but I don't sit down and write it. Why? Because it's the weekend, silly! I want to spend those nights snuggling with my family!

This weekend, we really didn't do much. Saturday morning, I gave Bones a much needed haircut:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we went to a pool party -- wonderful!

Photobucket

Sunday morning was started at church, of course

Photobucket

Then we did a whole lot of nothing yesterday afternoon. It was wonderful! There was another Harry Potter marathon on ABC Family. The boys and I laid upstairs and watched. They were both fast asleep by about 1930hrs. I put them in their beds and they slept ALL NIGHT! I was shocked! I just knew that they were going to be wide awake by about midnight, but I guess they were two tired boys.

This morning, I didn't feel well -- again (I had a horrible headache...again), so I didn't do much. By about 1400hrs, I started feeling better, thankfully. I got caught up on folding the laundry that we did yesterday
Photobucket

{cleaning up the toys is tomorrow's task...}

We were super excited to see this guy in the backyard! Finally one is turning red!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Last, but certainly, not least... I think today is Rob and my anniversary. I know that it is horrible to say "I think" but we really aren't sure. I guess I should find the marriage certificate. We just take the last week of July as our anniversary week :-) Either way, I am so glad to say that I am married to my best friend and am excited for all of the adventures that our marriage will continue to bring to us! I love you Rob!

Tonight I am thankful for:
1) Nine great years with a wonderful man... with many more adventures to come!
2) Great kids that will help each other when I don't feel well
3) Blackout curtains
4) G watched Surprise Homecomings today and couldn't stop crying. When I asked her why she was crying, she said "because I know how that feels" -- then we were both crying!
5) No more kids' laundry to wash for two days! {it's a small victory, but a victory I will take!}

2 comments:

Dena said...

Well, I thought about the anniversary but I too, do not know the date! I think it is the 25 (yesterday) but I'm not sure. Anyway, happy anniversary! 9 years, imagine that!

Analee said...

"because i know how it feels" made me tear up. that's just the sweetest thing.

and, your pool shot makes you look naked! and, love how you threw your foot into the laundry one. like your foot had anything to do with the folding work. ha! :)