Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hmm... no feet, but thankfuls!

I don't have any feet pictures today... mainly because my feet didn't take me out of the house today (other than watering the plants and walking the dog). I did make a new friend on one of my short trips outside:

Photobucket

He was really booking around the table trying to get away from me. I wouldn't get too close because I had an image in my head of it jumping onto my lens.
Photobucket


I got every bit of linoleum in our house scrubbed, though. Scrubbed... as in, hands and knees, bucket of bleach water scrubbed :-)

Tomorrow will be another feet not going anywhere kind of day. That's right. I'm vacuuming tomorrow. Oh the life...

Seriously, though, i don't mind days like this. Days that are semi-productive but that don't feel rushed. My kids all played (relatively) nicely together. Yes, there were dolls, blankets and every kind of ball imaginable on the floor by noon, but I'll take that over screaming at each other any day!

On another note... our church started a new sermon series a couple of weeks ago. I'm behind. Last week, we were supposed to start keeping a continuous list of things we are grateful for. Sounds like my Thankfuls will come back! Now that I'm trying to post a picture a day, hopefully I'll stick with it better than last time!

So... tonight's thankfuls
1) We caught up on So You Think You Can Dance. We missed last week's results, yesterday's competition and tonight's results. Makes me want to take a dance class, I tell you!

2) I made cupcakes for something... oh, dinner with friends the other night. Then I made a second batch for our end-of-season baseball party. I also made two different types of icing... strawberry cream cheese that is AWESOME (and i don't know if I can reproduce, since I kind of just did the little of this/little of that thing) and an almond butter cream (my all time favorite). Why is this a thankful? Because I made too much icing... both kinds! So, we have two small Tupperware containers of icing that make everything better! Toast? Sure, have some strawberry cream cheese on there!

3) Bathrooms, kitchen, and dining room all have clean floors and baseboards!

4) The house smells like Clorox. Which, if you grew up in our house, you know is the smell of clean :-)

5) Finished listening to another book. I really am addicted to audio books. My sister started me reading Tracy Chevalier... this was the third book of hers that I've read/heard. This one was Burning Bright. Good book, but like many Chevalier's books, ends a bit abruptly with me wanting to know more. I guess that's a measure of good character development -- wanting to find out more about their lives.

1 comment:

Dena said...

Katydid...the green insect.