Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Catch up... but no pictures :-(

Sunday, my feet really only went to church. I took my camera... but forgot my SD card, so couldn't take any.

Monday, my feet stayed home all day... quite a boring day for pictures. I made watermelon rind pickles (jury's still out on whether they are good or not -- but they are definitely NOT Grandma Harris's pickles!) and pizza dough.

Today, we also stayed home all day. I guess that's just what happens when it is 98 degrees with a heat index of 110 degrees. You just stay put. I was mean today, though... and made my kids have a TV free day! I am amazed at how upset they get. It just makes me want to have more TV free days. I was also very quickly impressed at their imaginations. Today, there were aliens, robots, T-rexs and all sorts of things in my house! And I loved it!

Tonight, I am thankful for:
1) yummy salad for dinner. Ever had one of those wedge salads? You know, iceburg lettuce, bacon bits, blue cheese crumbles, boiled egg and red onion with ranch dressing? Delicious -- even made at home :-)
2) Slowly, but surely, the playroom is getting cleaned out -- bags filled with goodies for Goodwill are ready to go (just don't tell the kids, deal?)
3) Audiobooks that I can listen to over and over again while I clean (Harry Potter series, Twilight series, etc). It really is nice to be read to while you're doing something you don't really want to do!
4) A neighborhood where kids come out at 8pm because that's the only time it is cool enough to play outside.
5) Rob doing his hydrology homework... it means I get to do math! And I really, really like math :-)

1 comment:

Analee said...

i see math tutor in your future...