Sunday, July 17, 2011

Saturday

My feet stayed home today... however, that doesn't mean I didn't see anything good :-)

Here's a look at our tomatoes. There are probably 35-40 on the plants now, with more blooms everyday! We thought they were cherry tomatoes -- because that's what the little sign in the pots said -- but it's looking more and more like patio tomatoes are coming. We are going to be up to our eyeballs in tomatoes!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Now to the real entertainment of the day. Apparently, my mama gave me the recipe for hummingbird crack. I have never, in my entire life, seen so many hummingbirds at one feeder. Ever. We have the feeder suctioned to one of our kitchen windows, so we can really watch and see the funny interaction of these guys! At one point, I counted 15 or 16 hummingbirds in a holding pattern -- just waiting for their turn at the crack! I made 2-1/2cups of the 'nectar' at noon. Had to refill before dinner! Kid you not, hummingbird crack! They were everywhere. Almost creepy... when I went outside to take the pictures, I felt like I was in a swarm! But they were certainly fun to watch. Enjoy :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Dena said...

They seem to be mostly female as I only spot one male--an immature one at that! Fascinating little birdies though, aren't they? And they are ruby throats.

Analee said...

that is amazing about those hummingbirds. we don't have any as far as i know. and, we killed our tomato plant. how's that for a transfer? i used to have the green thumb and now you have it!?! i don't even have any orchids anymore. just 2 kids and 2 cats. and i don't even keep the cats alive. nathaniel takes care of them...