Saturday, April 24, 2010

Welcome Home Rob!

The year is over. Rob is back home and I couldn't be happier. I am excited for the couple of years of 'stable' army life that we have in store for us. I'm ready.


Here are some pictures from today's Welcome Home Ceremony!



*Friends and Families of the 15th Engineer Company




*Before the Soldiers get to the field house, it is kind of a kids' free-for-all. Here's me and mine in a rare moment of stillness.
(picture taken by my friend JoBeth)




*Rob - walked in first to bring the company in. He was about 15 feet in front of us. I was so excited, showing all the kids -- "Look, there's daddy!" I, of course, had tears in my eyes. What relief to actually see him. Safe and sound. And only 15 feet away. I wasn't the only one emotional either... here's what I saw when I looked over at Faithers.




*I asked what she was crying about and she told me they were happy tears. She was just trying to hold it all in.




*The company, formed, ready to listen to the CG. Well, let's be honest... they were ready for him to shut his mouth and release them to their families. I was pretty impressed that he spoke for less than a minute. He knew he wasn't the highlight of the day today!




*I got him first -- Bones slung in one arm :-)



*Then the other kids caught up!



*Bubba fell in love with his daddy again today. He's so happy, but a little hesitant to talk about Rob being home. I think that he thinks he's going back soon. I was talking with him tonight about how daddy doesn't have to go back, at least for a little while. He looked at me and asked if he was going to live with us now. We are counting on Fort Leonard Wood and some good family time!

(picture taken by my friend JoBeth)



And we are back together... finally.
(picture taken by my friend JoBeth)


Thanks for all of the prayers that have been sent up for our family. I know that God has kept Rob safe through this year and has been a constant companion for me -- in order to help me keep my sanity.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures are worth a thousand words. the one of your daughter crying is just such a tear jerker. it is hard on the kids too. they try to keep so much in, and sometimes it is because they don't want to see us cry. hugs to you all.

Dena said...

So glad he's home. I see such happiness on your faces...and Melissa, that's quite a cute butt and the shoes are pretty too! Sam seems to be interested in the balloons and Joshua has on his handsome clothes! Faith and Grace have just grown so much...oh, I know what is different, the white strips worked!
Rob looks so handsome but he has to be wiped out. Just the wait time of the last week would do that to anybody!
I wish I was there.....

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

What a special moment! Thanks for sharing that, I can't wait until we are in the same place as you. Glad your family is together again.

Analee said...

i'm glad he is home, but prayers will keep on going for the rest of them and the families!

i'm an emotional wreck. not sure what is going on, but i cried... AGAIN looking at these pictures! (yesterday, i had tears rolling when i was looking at them on FB!) happy tears, of coarse, just like faith said.

now... june won't come fast enough so we can see you all!

Anonymous said...

so beautiful, I am happy for you all and I hope that life gets back to normal and Rob gets to be a part of it.. Thanks for sharing those pictures. love you my dear friend
Lori