Saturday, April 17, 2010

Ugh

Hello. My name is Melissa and I am an audiobook addict.

Our library has an incredible selection of audiobooks. So, I decided to take better advantage of it. There are all sorts of 'classics' on audiobook. You know, those books that we were all supposed to read in high school or college -- but somehow I didn't.



I decided to get Robinson Crusoe. I have listened to about 2-1/2 hours so far.



I have learned something. About myself. I don't like classic novels. There's a reason I never finished these books. I don't like them.

Anybody have a suggestion on a good 'classic'? I've also tried Wuthering Heights. Lasted about 25 minutes on that one. Ugh!

2 comments:

Analee said...

have you tried READING them? maybe it'd sound better in your own voice. (i know, i know, that defeats the purpose of "audio.")

to have and to have not. hemingway.

Doc said...

Anything Hemingway.