Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Today was great. I love Easter. I love the feeling of renewal that I feel today, of all days. A day where I feel that things are the way they are supposed to be -- even if they aren't the way that I thought they would be. The bad things that I have done in my life are in the past. Today is fresh. I know I am forgiven -- and not because of anything that I have done or that I deserve it, because I don't. But I am thankful that I am.

Anyway... here's how our day went.

Bones was up early and the big three weren't far behind-- so we had a 'big' homemade breakfast. There really isn't much better than making a big ol' batch of homemade buttermilk biscuits and seeing them devoured by my kids. I guess it would be better if I could eat them, too, but they are not really low carb friendly :-)

Here are some pictures of the kids with their Easter morning loot --

*look at Bubba's eyes -- he was amazed that he got chocolate!


*movies were the theme for the Easter Bunny this year.





*Bones got a movie too (Curious George 2), but I just loved this picture of him checking out his jellybeans. Doesn't it just say "Hmmm... what are these things?!?"



Needless to say, we've watched two movies today and done a whole lot of nothing else. The cool thing about Coraline is that it came with 3D glasses and one side/version was in 3D! Pretty cool.


1 comment:

Analee said...

LOVE the 3-d pic. seems we have a similar one of us somewhere... except our glasses were scratch-and-sniff BANANA! :)