Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oh so Thankful

Six years ago, my life changed for the better - again. I became the mama of *two* girls. Having been a mama to one, I thought I knew what to expect. I was wrong.

How great is God? Great. Very, very, awesomely great.


I explained to F that when I had her, I imagined I was the Grinch at the end of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. My heart grew double its size. I didn't have to love G less to love F. And I *could* love another soul as much as I loved my first born. Wonderful. Overwhelming. I still don't understand how it is possible.


Just for those of you thinking of having more -- it keeps on growing. There are times when I feel like my heart will explode from loving my husband and kids so much. The tightness I feel when I think of Rob coming home by the end of the month and having a predictable schedule for the next couple of years; when G brings home a note from her teacher that says she's reading two grade levels above her peers; when F will hug and cry with a friend whose daddy is leaving for a few months (for school) because she understands and is compassionate; when Bubba takes Bones by the hand and calls him his 'buddy' because he understands how it feels to be the little brother; and when Bones gives me three kisses at night and tries to mimic me when we say nightly prayers -- that tightness lets me know everyday how blessed I am. There are definitely times when I have to remember to feel that blessing -- and not to countdown the minutes until bedtime. I no longer think that makes me a bad mom. That is part of being a mom. And I couldn't imagine life in any other way.


G, listening to my story to F about being the Grinch, asked how my heart could still fit in my body it is was now four times bigger than when I started. I'm not sure Big G, I'm not sure.


There is nothing better than being a mama. Thank you Faith for giving me faith.

1 comment:

Analee said...

omg i don't wanna work. i just want to be home with my babies. boo hoo hoo.